A Guide to the Site
First, if you just need to email me: mrsirard @ mrsirard.com. Don’t put in the spaces.
Here are some tips for navigating the website:
- Under the “Your Class” tab, you can find class information for your specific period, like:
- A Calendar of all due dates.
- Notes for every weekly packet.
- Under the “How To” tab, you can find all the information you need to do your Language Arts work, like:
- Book Reports
- Book Journals
- Weekly Packets
- On the left column, you can find links to:
- Zangle – for tracking your grade
- Essaytagger – for submitting book reports, book journals, and essays
- Email registration – for basic communication
Some parts of the website are still under construction. Most are nearing completion. Expect to see these finished soon:
- Historical Connections with links
- Directions for every essay
- Directions for every speech
- Directions for the final book report for 8th grade
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival information
- Weekly Packet Notes for weeks 3-30
- Essay, Book Report, Speech, and Book Journal samples
- More essay rubrics
- Videos for the book list
- Extra credit opportunities
- Speech links
- Literature notes
Please let me know if there is something you want to see added.